Incident reports are requested and obtained by contacting the Riley County Police Department Records section. You can do this in person, by mail, by phone, or by completing an online request through Please contact Records during business hours with any questions you have regarding the process. The requester must know the approximate date and time or specific incident details to request a copy. Once Records confirms the incident, they will advise how much the records will cost (this all depends on the report size and details), obtain payment (cash, check, or money order), and supply the individual with a redacted copy of the report via in person, email, or fax. To learn more, you can find an informational brochure here.

The Riley County Police Department believes transparency creates trust between our department and the community. We are dedicated to accurate, timely release of information through our Public Information Officer. Each week day, the PIO publishes a Police Activity Report which is a summary of calls for service/ reports filed from the previous 24 hours.

The PIO routinely speaks to members of the public and local media partners about items listed in the Police Activity Report to give additional information as it may be available through the Kansas Open Records Act (KORA). The report is readily available to the public when it is published on the RCPD website and social pages.