Starting Part-time Salary: $19.92/hour
The Riley County Police Department is looking for it's next star! This individual possesses a high level of problem-solving ability, self-initiative and the ability and willingness to work the majority of the time without direct supervision. Duties are administrative in nature, typically involving managing accounts payable/accounts receivable and internal audits. Will assist the Finance Manager with other duties as well.
RCPD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
TO APPLY for the current opening, click on the following link to go to the RCPD's Career Center: https://bit.ly/38OsYxE
The job description, list of Automatic Disqualifiers and the current time line for this hiring process can be found below. Please review the list of Automatic Disqualifiers prior to completing an application.
Applicants should consider any of the following an automatic disqualifier for employment with the Department. It should be noted a diversion is considered the same as a conviction. A disqualifying event discovered at any time in the application process will result in immediate rejection of the application.
Automatic disqualifiers for all job positions:
A conviction or expungement of a felony defined by Kansas law or its equivalent at any time in the applicant’s past.
A conviction of any crime involving the threat of or actual sexual assault or abuse at any time in the applicant’s past.
A conviction of any crime of physical violence against a child or sexual abuse against a child when committed as an adult.
A conviction of misdemeanor driving while intoxicated (DWI), driving under the influence (DUI) two years immediately preceding the application date.
Possession or use of marijuana for any purpose at any time during the two years preceding the application date.
Possession or use of any illegal or controlled substance other than marijuana at any time during the 5 year period preceding the application date.
A Dishonorable or Bad Conduct Discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces.
Additional automatic disqualifiers for police officer job positions:
Conviction of a crime of domestic violence as defined in the United States Code, 18 USC922(g)(9), that would disqualify the applicant from possessing a firearm.
Being the subject of an order of protection that would disqualify the applicant from possessing a firearm under the provisions of United States Code, USC922(g)(8).
Conviction of any misdemeanor crime during the two years immediately preceding the application date.
Potential Disqualifiers: The following situations may be cause for rejection of an applicant.
A conviction of a crime of violence committed by the applicant while a juvenile.
A conviction of a crime involving deceit, untruthfulness or dishonesty committed by the applicant while an adult.
* If you have any questions regarding any step in the hiring process and/or the automatic disqualifiers, please email Dawn Barfuss at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The tentative time line for the Part-time Finance Technician hiring process:
1. Deadline to submit an application is: midnight on Monday, Sept. 13, 2021
2. Deadline to submit the Culture Index Survey (This will be emailed after your application is received.): midnight on Tuesday, Sept. 14, 2021.
3. Part-time Finance Technician Application Review (As long as you complete the application and Culture Index Survey by the respective deadlines you are eligible for further consideration.): Sept. 15, 2021
4. PT Finance Technician Packets to Candidates: Sept. 16, 2021
5. PT Finance Technician Interview Boards: We would request that you be available for one hour on either Tuesday, Sept. 21st or Wednesday, Sept. 22nd between 8 am and 5 pm.
6. CVSA (This truth verification exam is part of the background investigation): To be scheduled after the Oral Board
7. Background Investigations: Tentatively, Sept. 23rd to Oct. 7th - as long as the investigators receive everything on time.
8. Division Commander Interview: To be scheduled once the background investigations are closer to being complete - Tentatively, Oct. 8th.
9. Job-Related Medical Testing: To be scheduled.
10. Tentative Hire date on or before: Oct. 24, 2021